Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Things That Stick In My Craw - Spoilers

I don't get a chance to watch every TV show on the night it airs. I usually DVR it to watch later. Or read a book when it comes out. Or see a movie the first weekend it's at the theaters. So why do some people insist on spoiling it for others?

If you are watching the finale of a TV show, do NOT post updates on Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, etc while you are watching. I got up this morning to find people posted the ending of a popular TV show that I usually watch, but tape to watch later. Geez, thanks for spoiling it for me.

If you go to see a movie the first night it's at the theater, don't post pertinent plots points or the ending. And don't call me to tell me either. Please. Let me get the chance to see it myself.

If I don't watch a TV show/series that you think is totally awesome, don't basically call me an idiot for not watching it. My taste in what I watch may differ from yours. I just may think YOU are the idiot.

If you get a book the first day it appears in stores, read it that day/night, don't tell me the ending. Don't post about it online. Just don't do it!

And movie studios, what the hell are you thinking by putting plot points in the previews/trailers? Can't you give us just a hint without spoiling it for us? Why do you think people don't go to the movies much anymore? While I'm on that subject, why the hell are tickets so expensive? And the popcorn, soda and candy are MORE than the tickets. WTF?

If you are going to post online, please put in big letters SPOILERS AHEAD, then leave some blank lines, then post what you want. Give the rest of us a chance to pass by your post so that we can enjoy that TV show, movie or book on our own.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What I hate are podcasts where they tell you to "skip ahead" if you don't want to hear the spoilers, then you don't skip far enough ahead and hear them anyway!

Bob Johnson said...

Magazines or newspapers that put a big spoiler on their front cover/page. You can't avoid seeing that!

Anne Doyle said...

I am SOOOOOOO mad at TV Guide right now and thinking of canceling my subscription. I usually watch some TV shows on DVR or on demand. Dexter is one of them. I get my latest issue of TV Guide and in it is an article about the actress who plays Dexter's wife. There is a HUGE spoiler in the title of the article. Thank you for ruining me seeing the finale, TV Guide! You suck!

Post a Comment